We want to make sure that your time here is safe and fun. Here's what you need to know:
- Fill out our picking request and waiver to get on our email list for private pickings: Click Here
- Supervise children to ensure adherence to all of the following rules (especially 8 and 12. There is a lot of poison oak in the wooded areas, as well as coyotes and bobcats. There have even been confirmed sightings of mountain lions within a few miles. While you're far more likely to have an accident if you ignore rule #2, we'd sure hate to ever have any accident involving predatory wildlife.
- Watch your step. You could trip or lose your balance and hurt yourself! There is a lot of sloped ground ("Hillside" is right there in the name). Trip hazards include but are not limited to holes in the ground made by animals or natural geography, irrigation components, blueberry roots (can be buried in sawdust!), tools, buckets, people.
- DO: focus on the darkest, ripest berries. Please help us clear the rows by picking from the branches that are loaded down and blocking the aisles. Please don't pick green fruit.
- Containers. We can't guarantee your container weight will be deducted unless you pick in our containers. We greatly appreciate it if you have your own containers to transport berries home.
- Closing time. Arrive no later than 30 minutes before our posted closing time (typically 10:30am for an 11am close)
- Dogs. We love dogs, but they need to stay home or in the car at the very least.
- Crossing rows. Don't cross the rows between plants (even when there is no plant there as underground roots and irrigation lines are surprisingly dangerous trip hazards)
- Wildlife. It's called wild for a reason. Do not interact. No unsupervised children. Don't eat fruit off the ground.
- Other fruit. Don't pick it. Blueberries only.
- Sampling. We get it... We do it too. A few berries here and there, no big deal, but if you're doing more eating than picking, you'll be asked to leave.
- Farm equipment/tools. Don't touch any farm equipment other than provided buckets for picking. This includes machinery (tractors, atvs, power tools), irrigation lines/components, and tools, including hand tools like shovels, rakes, etc
- Off limits areas. Don't leave the U-pick area which consists of the designated parking area, the porta-potty, the gravel seating area adjacent to the blueberries, the driveway leading to and from the parking area. and of course the rows of berries.
- Please enter and exit slowly as we are a small business at a private residence and the driveway can prove tricky. We are here to help you enter and exit safely and appreciate your patience as we help navigate really busy times
- Weekly updates for picking conditions, fruit availability, and weather closures can be found on our website
- Filtered water station (drinking fountain will return)
- Shaded seating area
- Pesticide-free fruit
- All forms of payment accepted