I think we can all agree these are strange times we are living in. The goal at Hillside Blueberries is to keep everyone safe. To that end, we have made a few changes to the operation of the farm for this year.
- Masks will be required at all times. We will NOT be providing masks. You will need to bring one from home to be on farm property. You will need to keep your mask on for the duration of your stay. If you arrive without a mask, you will not be allowed to pick.
- We will practice social distancing in every way possible and ask that you do also. Rows will be broken up into colored 9 bush zones and assigned when you arrive to pick. We ask that you stay in your zone when you pick. Parking and payment processes will also incorporate social distancing.
- Appointment times will be requested through the website on the "Scheduling" page and are showing on the Home page and also on "Status of Availability" next to the request form. We are requiring scheduling to limit the number of people in the field. Picking is by appointment only and only for family members with children 10 and older. If you come to the field without an appointment, you will be directed to the website to make an appointment and asked to return when that appointment has been confirmed. No exceptions. We will offer 8 bookings per hour on Fridays and Sundays and 6 bookings per hour on Saturdays and Mondays to start. Additional bookings per hour may be available later in the season when more rows become available for picking. Please check the website often for updates and changes.
- Scheduling is a three part process: 1.You fill out and submit a Request Form, 2. I verify availability by return e-mail, 3. You then Prepay your order on line and your appointment is guaranteed.
CHECK THE CALENDAR ON THE SCHEDULING PAGE FOR AVAILABLE APPOINTMENTS.
Appointments slots are available for members of the same family Friday thru Monday as follows:
- 30 minute: 5 lbs offered 10:45 to 11:15 am (there is only one 30 min time slot per day)
- 60 minute: 10 lbs, (request one of the 1 hr appointments on the calendar)
- 120 minute: 25 lbs (request 2 back to back 1 hr. appointment times).
Each window has a prepayment agreement. Once you have chosen your picking time frame, and I have verified it by return e-mail, you agree to pay for the corresponding volume of fruit in order to finish the confirmation process. Any overage will be paid for at the field before you leave. If you are unable to pick the minimum weight of fruit, no refund will be given. All appointment requests will be processed daily after 5 pm.
- Payments will be processed through Square. Both the prepayment on the website and any final payment will be collected by credit or debit card this year. No cash or checks will be accepted.
- Appointments are for one household only, including adults and children 10 and over. Since younger children love to explore and there is a time limit to picking appointments, appointments will be for adults and older children only. We want to ensure people are able to get focused time to pick.
- If you wish to bring an adult who is not part of your household and will be paying separately you need to book 2 appointments.
- There will be special Family Day appointments for all ages available throughout the season beginning Monday, July 13th starting at 8:15 am. Two one hour appointments will be offered - 8:15 to 9:15 am and 9:30 to 10:30 am - and one 30 minute appointment from 10:45 to 11:15 am. Your family will have an entire row to pick. See "Family Day" page.
- No field tasting. We want you to love your fruit but we also want to keep everyone safe. Please wait until you are back in your car to start eating. Thank you!
- No restrooms. We will not have a port-a-potty this year. Please make sure you have gone to the bathroom before coming to the field.
- Picking containers. In years passed, we have asked you to pick in our containers and bring take-home containers. This year, you will need to bring containers to pick in. You will transfer to one of our containers for me to weigh you out. I will then transfer the fruit back into your container for you to take home.